2nd CALL FOR ICMR2017 SPECIAL SESSION PAPERS
Identifying and Linking Interesting Content in Large Audiovisual Repositories
An emerging key challenge for multimedia information retrieval as technologies for component feature identification and standard ad hoc search mature is to develop mechanisms for richer content analysis and representations, and novel modes of exploration. For example, to enable users to create their own personal narratives by seamlessly exploring (multiple) large audiovisual repositories at the segment level, either by following established trails or creating new ones on the fly. A key research question in developing these new technologies and system is how we can automatically identify video content that viewers perceive to be interesting taking multiple modalities into account (visual, audio, text).
The ICMR2017 Special Session “Identifying and Linking Interesting Content in Large Audiovisual Repositories” is calling for papers (6 pages) presenting significant and innovative research focusing on mechanisms that help identifying significant elements within AV (or multimedia, in general) repositories and the creation of links between interesting video segments and other video segments (or multimedia content).
Papers should extend the state of the art by addressing new problems or proposing insightful solutions. We encourage submissions covering relevant perspectives in this area including:
- Multi/mixed-media hyperlinking (audio-to-image, text-to-video)
- Linking across audiovisual repositories (e.g., from professional to public)
- Alignment of social media posts to video (segments)
- Video-to-video search
- Retrieval models that incorporate multimodal, segment-based retrieval and linking
- Segment-level recommendation in videos
- Video segmentation and summarization
- Multimodal search (explicit combination of multimodal features)
- Query generation from video
- Video-to-text description
- Content-driven, social-driven interestingness prediction
- Object interestingness modeling and prediction
- (User) evaluation of interestingness, hyperlinking or archive exploration systems
- Use cases related to video hyperlinking or interestingness prediction in video
- Interfaces for linked-video based storytelling.
For submission details see: http://icmr2017.ro/call-for-special-sessions-s2.php